Webinar on Regulation for Storage
On May 16th 2019 Vlerick Business School proposed a webinar on Regulation for Storage as part of their work as work package leaders in ‘WP8: Business Preconditions’.
The aim of the webinar was to provide an overview of the main regulatory issues that affect the roll-out of storage. The topics treated in the webinar were:
– Regulatory clarity: Legal definition of storage and its status within the electricity system and planning regimes.
– How network charges can, in some scenarios, put storage at a disadvantage.
– Who should be allowed to own storage?
– Co-location of storage with renewables
– Technology specific balancing service design
This webinar was co-organized by Vlerick Business School, Innoenergy and STORY, under the scientific supervision of:
Leonardo Meeus, Vlerick Business School and Florence School of Regulation at RSCAS (EUI) and Ariana Ramos, Vlerick Business School.
To access a recording of the webinar please click here.
Download the slides here.